Gigo Structural Engineering Bridges & Skyscrapers
- 20 experiments and 25 models to demonstrate a basic principle of mechanical physics or structural engineering.
- Learn about basic structural elements including columns, beams, trusses, plates, arches, shells, and catenary.
- Explore the forces acting on structural components including tension, compression, shear, and torsion.
- Experiment with different types of bridge construction: a truss bridge, arch bridge, suspension bridge, and cable-stayed bridge.
- Build models of towering skyscrapers.